MRTP - is a double-grip, mechanical-set, retrievable, compression or tension set Packer which is designed specifically for injection wells.
The MRTP packer is installed/retrieved with the tubing string. The packer can be left in tension, compression or in neutral position to hold pressure from above or below. An upper slip releasing system reduces the force required for releasing the packer. A non-directional slip is released first, facilitating release of the other slips.
Features, Advantages and Benefits:
- Can be set using tension or compression.
- Only one-quarter right rotation required for setting or releasing.
- Special thermal element rated to 600 degrees F.
- Production, stimulation and injection application.
- Can be run with left hand on-off tool .
- Can be left in tension, compression or neutral position.
- One-piece mandrel design minimizes potential leak paths.
- Tubing can be spaced out in tension, neutral, or compression.
- Can be run as bridge plug by adding running and plugging accessories.